- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- Pepper to taste
- 5 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
- In a skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain and set aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic and thyme in butter. Stir in flour. Gradually whisk in milk; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pepper. Cut noodles in half; place four noodles in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Layer a third of the white sauce, mozzarella cheese, ham and asparagus over noodles. Top with three noodles and another layer of sauce, cheese, ham and asparagus. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Ham Lasagna
"This is a very tasty way to serve asparagus!!"
"I have made this recipe several times and it's always SO delicious! My family loves it and asks for it all the time - even the ones that don't really care for asparagas."
"The whole family enjoyed it. I would cut up the asparagus though, as it was harder to cut when the spears were intact."
"I've made this many time and it's delicious! A great way to use leftover ham."