Asparagus Ham Fettuccine
Rebecca Baird (below), a field editor from Salt Lake City, utah sent the recipe for this entree that is quick to fix for every day but is also perfect as a special meal to share with another person.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil; add asparagus. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice water; drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the ham, walnuts, onion, sage and pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add asparagus; cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain fettuccine; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 750 calories, 44g fat (17g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1338mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 46g protein.
Originally published as Fettuccine with Asparagus, Ham and Cheddar in Taste of Home June/July 2005