- 2 cups uncooked corkscrew or spiral pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 6 ounces boneless fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute asparagus and yellow pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and ham; heat through. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in parsley and seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Ham Dinner
"Very tasty. Very nice not having a dish with a sauce. The herbs did the trick. The cayenne pepper gave it just the right kick. Will make this again."
"Certainly made a colorful presentation! easy to prepare after a day's work. I don't usually serve ham as a main course unless it's the holidays so this was a different offering. I have made this twice and all of it was consumed both times!"
"I loved how quickly the meal went together. I chose this recipe to use up some leftover ham. A good choice. The men in the house felt it was a light meal as they had to snack later in the evening because they were hungry."
"This was fantastic! I did add thinly sliced onion and garlic, but otherwise followed the recipe. Next time I will cut back a bit on the red pepper (I used close to 1/2 t). Very tasty dish!"
"Yum! Great way to use up leftover Easter ham and add in a lot of vegetables. This was particularly good with whole-wheat pasta. We do only use half the tomatoes because my children are not huge tomato fans."
"I thought this was pretty good especially with all of the fresh ingredients. The cheese melted in with the liquid created by the veggies and made a really nice sauce. quick and simple to make. This is a great summer recipe, gets you out of the kitchen fast. Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"I decided to change the recipe up a bit. I didn't think there was enough flavor. I added 1/2 an onion and 2 cloves garlic, a dash of red pepper flakes and more oil. I also used canned diced tomatoes that had seasoning in it. With all the changes, it came out pretty yummy. I would try it again, but only with these changes."