- 2 cups uncooked corkscrew or spiral pasta
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 6 ounces boneless fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute asparagus and yellow pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and ham; heat through. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Stir in parsley and seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Ham Dinner
"This was fantastic! I did add thinly sliced onion and garlic, but otherwise followed the recipe. Next time I will cut back a bit on the red pepper (I used close to 1/2 t). Very tasty dish!"
"Yum! Great way to use up leftover Easter ham and add in a lot of vegetables. This was particularly good with whole-wheat pasta. We do only use half the tomatoes because my children are not huge tomato fans."
"I thought this was pretty good especially with all of the fresh ingredients. The cheese melted in with the liquid created by the veggies and made a really nice sauce. quick and simple to make. This is a great summer recipe, gets you out of the kitchen fast. Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"I decided to change the recipe up a bit. I didn't think there was enough flavor. I added 1/2 an onion and 2 cloves garlic, a dash of red pepper flakes and more oil. I also used canned diced tomatoes that had seasoning in it. With all the changes, it came out pretty yummy. I would try it again, but only with these changes."
"I only wish there were negative stars for this tasteless meal. There was absolutely no flavor. Good ham, wasted. Good asparagus, wasted. Good peppers, wasted. Good tomatoes, wasted. BLEH!"
"I've made this recipe two times now, love the fresh ingredients used in it. It will continue to be one i make often."
"I am not a fan of asparagus but I thought this dish was excellent!"
"This was so easy and everyone in my family liked it."