Asparagus Ham Bake
This comforting casserole is a crowd-pleaser, so I often take it to church potluck suppers.—Joan Nichols, Sarina, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen asparagus spears, thawed
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the ham, rice, soup, milk, cheese and onion; mix well. Spoon half into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with asparagus and remaining ham mixture. Combine cornflakes crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 346 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1209mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Asparagus Ham Bake in Casserole Cookbook