Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with asparagus mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 396 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Feb 14, 2019
Excellent little side dish! Great flavor!
Mar 6, 2012
My husband and I both loved this recipe. I used frozen asparagus & it turned out great. I also added cooked cubed chicken along with the cheeses and milk. The only thing I would change would be the amount of milk- it was very thick so next time I make this I'll add more milk to thin the sauce a bit. The leftovers were good too!
Apr 21, 2010
This recipe is so delicious and very simple to make! I've made it about 3 times now and I would recommend doubling the recipe so you have more of this yummy pasta! My sister loves it too now.
Mar 8, 2010
Very easy to make and incredible flavour! A definite keeper. Next time I make it I am going to incorporate chopped porcini or portobello mushrooms, and replace the milk with white wine. The flavour and presentation quality of this recipe is outstanding compared to the ease with which is created.
Jul 23, 2009
I made this as a main dish for my vegetarian aunt. We ALL loved it!
Aug 11, 2008
This dish is delicious and SIMPLE!