Asparagus Dijon Ham Rolls
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 fresh or frozen asparagus spears
- 8 thin slices fully cooked ham, (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 to 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced or chopped
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and cook until bubbly and thickened. Stir in mustard, horseradish, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Place three asparagus spears on each ham slice. Roll up; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; cover with sauce. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until asparagus reaches desired doneness. Place egg over sauce just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 148 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 613mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Apr 11, 2012
A very easy, tasty and satisfying light dinner.Smoked honey turkey lunchmeat and cooked for 27 minutes.
Apr 8, 2012
Delicious! I modified it a bit - left out the horseradish (because I don't like the stuff), and added some lemon juice. I also put a piece of cheese (provolone) inside each roll. I put the sauce all over, rather than just in the middle, as pictured, because I thought the asparagus might dry out in the oven otherwise. I also didn't use the egg, as I already had an egg dish. It was sooooo good! Everyone loved it - will definitely make this again!
Oct 20, 2011
I loved this recipe. This is probably the best tasting way that I have ever made asparagus before.
Dec 2, 2010
Presentation was so elegant on my Thanksgiving brunch table. Flavor was wonderful. Lots of compliments . This did not take long to prep, no need for toothpicks. Maybe because I cut off the end a little bit more because I wanted the more tender part. Left the spear tops exposed but evened out the bottom with the ham slices. Also put it in an 11x7 pan then.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.