Asparagus Crepes Recipe
"I love serving these tender crepes with their light lemony sauce in spring," notes Carol Hemker of Phenix City, Alabama. "But my husband would eat them any time of year at all. In fact, it's the only way he'll eat asparagus! This dish is also lovely for luncheon or brunch."
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 24 asparagus spears, cooked and drained
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1. For batter, combine milk and egg in a blender; cover and process until blended. Add flour; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter into center of skillet; lift and tilt pan to coat evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed.
- 3. Place six asparagus spears on one side of each crepe; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. In a saucepan, whisk egg yolks and water. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon or until the temperature reaches 160°. Whisk in the butter, lemon juice, salt and cayenne. Pour over warm crepes; sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 315 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 343mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Crepes
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2012
"I made this for company and it was wonderful!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC