I almost always serve this quiche when I have company for lunch because it makes such a pretty presentation, but it's not hard to make. It gets rave reviews from family and friends—almost everyone who tastes it asks for the recipe.
Recommended: Top 10 Quiche Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 fresh asparagus spears for garnish
- Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well and pat dry. Arrange cooked asparagus over bottom of pastry. Top with crabmeat. Combine Swiss cheese and flour; sprinkle over crab.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Pour into pastry. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Arrange asparagus spears, spoke fashion, on top of quiche. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Crab Quiche in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p69
Reviews forAsparagus Crab Quiche
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2013
"Excellent - I added more crab to give it more flavour"