These satisfying omelets are filled with a savory blend of crabmeat, asparagus, tomatoes and provolone cheese...and they're attractive enough to serve guests. Sometimes I top these omelets with hollandaise sauce. -Mae Jean Damron Sandy, Utah
Recommended: 45 Skinny Breakfast Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 eggs
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) provolone cheese, shredded
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add half of the egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon half of the crab, asparagus and provolone cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Repeat for second omelet. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Crab Omelets in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p31