Asparagus Crab Casserole
On busy weeknights, you're sure to appreciate this creamy comfort food that seems special but can be put on the table in just 20 minutes. "Add a green salad, bread and a fruit dessert for a complete meal," suggests Diana Duda of Glenwood, Illinois.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cut asparagus
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish.
- Cover loosely and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice. Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 174 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 8, 2012
I made this casserole for guests and they loved it. I had a rather busy schedule and made it in advance and froze it, and it turned out perfect. Thaw completely before baking it in the oven.