Asparagus & Corn Quiche
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 medium ears sweet corn
- 1 cup shredded sharp white or yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or just until tender. Stir in salt and cayenne; remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream and cornstarch until blended. Using a large-hole grater, remove corn from cobs; add to egg mixture. Stir in cheese.
- Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Add asparagus mixture; pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled, baked quiche in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 417 calories, 28g fat (13g saturated fat), 146mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Feb 2, 2016
I thought this dish had great flavor. I made my without a crust though as I have celiac and didn't feel like making my own crust tonight. Even without the crust, this dish held together surprisingly well.
Sep 3, 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.