Asparagus Chicken Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound sliced cooked chicken breast
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. In the same pan, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and salt; heat through.
- Place chicken on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 30-40 seconds or until warmed.
- Place two English muffin halves on each plate. Top with chicken, tomatoes, asparagus and sauce. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 385 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 17, 2010
I used a rotisserie chicken from BJ's. This was delicious, however I felt the sauce was missing something... maybe just some pepper would have done the trick. We loved it otherwise, and even my 3-year-old ate it. It is a little messy... but worth it!