- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sliced cooked chicken breast
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- Place asparagus in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. In the same pan, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, mustard and salt; cook on low until heated through. Remove from the heat.
- Place chicken on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until warmed. Place two English muffin halves on each serving plate. Top with chicken, tomatoes, asparagus and sauce. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Chicken Sandwiches
"I used a rotisserie chicken from BJ's. This was delicious, however I felt the sauce was missing something... maybe just some pepper would have done the trick. We loved it otherwise, and even my 3-year-old ate it. It is a little messy... but worth it!"