- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt if desired and paprika; set 2 tablespoons aside. Coat chicken with remaining flour mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Combine 1-3/4 cups broth and dill; pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the asparagus; cover and simmer for 8 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170° and asparagus is almost tender.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining broth and reserved flour mixture until smooth. Remove chicken and keep warm. Stir flour mixture into asparagus mixture; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. serve the chicken and sauce with noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Chicken Fricassee
"This was delicious. I cut up my chicken into medallions to save a little on cooking time and we used frozen asparagus since it's not in season right now. This tasted wonderful and was a comforting and satisfying meal."
"Delicious and very tender chicken. I didn't have dill so I used tarragon. Also served it with white rice. Will definitely make it again."
"Very moist, tender chicken. Used a little wine instead of some of the broth."
"I would use less salt and add a little more spice. We enjoyed this recipe!"
"The first time I made this it was good, the second time I added 1/2 cup white cooking wine and it was perfect. My new favorite chicken recipe."
"I followed the recipe as printed omitting salt and used low salt broth and it was great!! Family loved it. I was looking for a receipe for a friend on a special diet and she loved it also. Will keep this in the Family Favs recipe file!!"
"We loved this meal. Served it over wild rice. Will definately become a favorite. Karen"
"wow this was fantastic, used fresh asparagus husband said it was the best he's tasted, used mashed potatoes instead of the hot cooked noodles. cant wait to do this one again. 2 spoons up!"