Asparagus Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, peppers, corn and onion. Cook, uncovered for 7 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon 1/2 cup on each tortilla; fold in sides.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 350 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 2, 2018
I found this recipe 7 years ago, but I keep making it because it's soooo good! I use minced garlic. Sometimes I marinate the chicken if I have time, but either way, I always throw in the 3/4 C of Italian dressing into the skillet with everything else after the chicken is cooked and I add 1/2 tbsp of lime and a 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice. I like my fajitas a little saucy, so I simmer until the sauce is reduced. My family gobbles them up!
Dec 4, 2017
Not your usual fajita ingredients, but a great way to spice up chicken and vegetables! Tasty and well seasoned. You can add the Spanish rice to the mixture to make a more filling fajita, instead of just having it as a side.
Aug 7, 2017
I thought this was a good recipe. Easy to fix and very easy to change ingredients depending on what is in your frig at the time. An addition of Spanish Rice as a side as another reviewer mentions sounds great.
Jun 7, 2011
Mild taste of Mexico for an early summer meal. Made for a nice serving of vegetables and I served it with Spanish rice.