- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, peppers, corn and onion. Cook, uncovered for 7 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper. Spoon 1/2 cup on each tortilla; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Chicken Fajitas
"I found this recipe 7 years ago, but I keep making it because it's soooo good! I use minced garlic. Sometimes I marinate the chicken if I have time, but either way, I always throw in the 3/4 C of Italian dressing into the skillet with everything else after the chicken is cooked and I add 1/2 tbsp of lime and a 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice. I like my fajitas a little saucy, so I simmer until the sauce is reduced. My family gobbles them up!"
"Not your usual fajita ingredients, but a great way to spice up chicken and vegetables! Tasty and well seasoned. You can add the Spanish rice to the mixture to make a more filling fajita, instead of just having it as a side."
"Mild taste of Mexico for an early summer meal. Made for a nice serving of vegetables and I served it with Spanish rice."