Asparagus Chicken Divan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Broil chicken 4-6 in.from the heat for 6-8 minutes on both sides or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg. Spread half over asparagus. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Top with chicken. Spread remaining soup mixture over chicken; sprinkle with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes. Fold whipped cream into mayonnaise; spread over top. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 356 calories, 29g fat (9g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Oct 13, 2012
This recipe is absolutely delicious. I used canned chicken chunks as that is what I had on hand and it had great flavor. I would only suggest cutting the asparagus in half for easier serving. It's definitely a keeper.
Mar 13, 2012
This really turned out nice and my 11 year old ate the asparagus!
Oct 29, 2011
I think this recipe needs to be reviewed and quickly- the other lady is right- you'all have left out some major facts!
Jan 5, 2009
This recipe has whipping cream and mayonnaise but it doesn't tell me when to mix or with what to mix it with! Could you tell me when to mix it in with the ingredients. This sounds like a real good recipe.Thank youBeverly Verrier