- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 4 slices process American cheese, cut up
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- In a small skillet, combine 1 cup water, bouillon, seasoned salt, lemon-pepper and white pepper. Add asparagus. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Remove asparagus; cool slightly.
- Cut off several asparagus tips and set aside. Cut remaining asparagus into larger pieces. Place asparagus pieces and cooking liquid in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. In a saucepan, combine asparagus mixture and remaining water; heat through. Reduce heat; stir in cheese just until melted. Garnish with bacon bits and reserved asparagus tips. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Cheese Soup for Two
"This recipe is great just the way it is. Don't need to change a thing. I appreciated that it has much less calories than most asparagus soup recipes. As a retired couple, recipes of this caliber is hard to find."