Asparagus Cheese Bundles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warrmed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus and carrots. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and bail; stir in feta cheese.
- Place a mound of vegetables in the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of cheese mixture. Fold ends and sides over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 425° for 10-14 minutes until heated through and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 288 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 29, 2013
This was good and I like that it was really quick. I had it for a meal. I think the only thing I may do different next time is add a little more basil and perhaps some salt and pepper to the veggies.