Asparagus Cheese Bundles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warrmed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus and carrots. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes; drain.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, egg and bail; stir in feta cheese.
- Place a mound of vegetables in the center of each tortilla. Top with 2 rounded tablespoonfuls of cheese mixture. Fold ends and sides over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 425° for 10-14 minutes until heated through and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 288 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 29, 2013
This was good and I like that it was really quick. I had it for a meal. I think the only thing I may do different next time is add a little more basil and perhaps some salt and pepper to the veggies.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.