- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (8 ounces), cut into 12 slices and toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the asparagus; cover and boil for 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, basil, onions, lime juice, oil, garlic, lime zest, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, spoon asparagus mixture onto bread. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Bruschetta
"Saw this in the April May issue of Country Woman, and because I host about 10 parties a year, I am always interested in new appetizers. Yes, I agree with the reviewer (mbrown3) that it is delicious. However, the mixture had a tendency to fall off the toast at first bite (which I discovered when I took a trial bite before serving.) To prevent this from becoming my new carpet pattern, I put a small amount of cream cheese on each slice and then added the topping. That really helped to hold it all together while being eaten. Everyone loved these and I will make it again."
"This was absolutely delicious. Made this for my sons Bday as an appetizer for chicken and Eggplant parm. The guests were mostly young men from 20-24. Couldn't believe how much they enjoyed this. This is a keeper"