Asparagus Brunch Pockets
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the pimientos, onion, salt and pepper.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into the center of each triangle; top with asparagus. Top each with another teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture. Bring three corners of dough together and twist; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 25, 2013
I've made this a number of times since seeing your recipe and it's delicious every time! It was a perfect treat for my women's Bible study group and then a baby shower and Easter brunch. Today I made them to bring to a potluck dinner where I wanted something meatless. They're a little tricky to assemble (have to get the roll dough to press shut without squeezing out the cream cheese) but they're worth a little trouble. When I don't have pimento, I substitute with finely chopped red pepper. I never have used 1 lb. of asparagus - half that, maybe. Any leftover cream cheese and asparagus is great on a bagel, too. Thanks for a great recipe!