Asparagus Brunch Pockets
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the pimientos, onion, salt and pepper.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into the center of each triangle; top with asparagus. Top each with another teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture. Bring three corners of dough together and twist; pinch edges to seal.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 194 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Apr 25, 2013
I've made this a number of times since seeing your recipe and it's delicious every time! It was a perfect treat for my women's Bible study group and then a baby shower and Easter brunch. Today I made them to bring to a potluck dinner where I wanted something meatless. They're a little tricky to assemble (have to get the roll dough to press shut without squeezing out the cream cheese) but they're worth a little trouble. When I don't have pimento, I substitute with finely chopped red pepper. I never have used 1 lb. of asparagus - half that, maybe. Any leftover cream cheese and asparagus is great on a bagel, too. Thanks for a great recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.