Asparagus Brie Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 to 6 ounces Brie, rind removed
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute asparagus in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Gradually add broth, cream and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. In a blender; cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan. Cube Brie and add to soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 567 calories, 53g fat (33g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1171mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Brie Soup
"I made this for dinner, using fresh asparagus. Inspire of the fact that it was of such a tiny diameter it surely would be super-tender, I was unable to cook it to be tender and I cooked it to death! Then I blended the heck out of it! I still picked hard stem pieces out of my mouth while eating. This , of course, has nothing to do with the recipe. The soup's taste was very good . If I make it again I will use canned asparagus to see if those stems would be any more tender."
"This recipe is the BOMB - super rich and beyond delicious!!!!!!! Low-cal it is NOT, but who cares - this soup is worth every calorie - LOVE IT!!!!!!!"
"It's been forever since I made this (it's from May/June 2000), but I still remember how rich and creamy and delicious it was. I lost it amidst all my quick Cooking magazines, and just ran across it again today. I had marked it "YUM! Make this again!"Now I'm going to!"