- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 to 6 ounces Brie, rind removed
- In a large saucepan, saute asparagus in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Gradually add broth, cream and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a blender; cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan. Cube Brie and add to soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus Brie Soup
"I made this for dinner, using fresh asparagus. Inspire of the fact that it was of such a tiny diameter it surely would be super-tender, I was unable to cook it to be tender and I cooked it to death! Then I blended the heck out of it! I still picked hard stem pieces out of my mouth while eating. This , of course, has nothing to do with the recipe. The soup's taste was very good . If I make it again I will use canned asparagus to see if those stems would be any more tender."
"This recipe is the BOMB - super rich and beyond delicious!!!!!!! Low-cal it is NOT, but who cares - this soup is worth every calorie - LOVE IT!!!!!!!"
"It's been forever since I made this (it's from May/June 2000), but I still remember how rich and creamy and delicious it was. I lost it amidst all my quick Cooking magazines, and just ran across it again today. I had marked it "YUM! Make this again!"Now I'm going to!"