Asparagus, Brie & Parma Ham Crostini
This special, filling appetizer is perfect to serve guests. The combination of crisp bread, melted cheese and asparagus is out of this world. —Karla Johnson, East Helena, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 thin slices prosciutto (Parma ham) or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Cut asparagus tips into 2-in. lengths. (Discard stalks or save for another use.) Place asparagus tips in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan lined with foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Brush baguette slices on both sides with remaining oil. Place on a baking sheet. Broil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Top each slice with asparagus, prosciutto and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 91 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Charred Asparagus, Parma Ham, Les Freres, Sourdough in Taste of Home February/March 2010