Asparagus Berry Salad
When strawberries and asparagus are at their peak, this salad is sensational! I like to serve it for brunch or dinner. Sometimes I add grilled chicken or salmon to create a refreshing but filling main dish salad.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil. Spread in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, strawberries, onion, walnuts and asparagus. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and remaining oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 135 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Asparagus Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.