As appetizing to the eye as it is to the palate, this stovetop specialty features lots of vegetables, beef and crunchy cashews. "A local restaurant once handed out asparagus recipes, including this one," Joyce Huebner writes from Marinette, Wisconsin.
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned 1 large carrot, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 2-1/2 cups sliced cooked roast beef (2-1/2-inch strips)
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in soy sauce and sugar; set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil; add garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly browned; discard garlic.
- Stir-fry the asparagus, onions, red pepper and carrot for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add roast beef heat through. Stir reserved sauce; add to the span. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p34
Reviews forAsparagus Beef Cashew Stir-Fry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2008
"I am going to cook this tomorrow night. It sounds delicious. My husband loves asparagus. Tonight we had the roast. What are some of the other recipes you got? Thank you, Pam"