Asparagus Beef Cashew Stir-Fry
As appetizing to the eye as it is to the palate, this stovetop specialty features lots of vegetables, beef and crunchy cashews. The recipe comes from a local restaurant.— Joyce Huebner, Marinette, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned 1 large carrot, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 2-1/2 cups sliced cooked roast beef (2-1/2-inch strips)
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in soy sauce and sugar; set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil; add garlic. Cook and stir until lightly browned, about 1 minute; discard garlic.
- Stir-fry the asparagus, onions, red pepper and carrot until crisp-tender, 15-20 minutes. Add roast beef heat through. Stir reserved sauce; add to the span. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 382 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 815mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Dec 14, 2008
I am going to cook this tomorrow night. It sounds delicious. My husband loves asparagus. Tonight we had the roast. What are some of the other recipes you got? Thank you, Pam