Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Crisp-tender asparagus is drizzled with lemon butter sauce and sprinkled with flavorful sun-dried tomatoes in this effortless, time-saving recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the broth, oil, lemon zest and salt.
- Transfer asparagus to a serving platter; drizzle with butter mixture. Sprinkle with pepper; top with tomatoes and basil.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 95 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 23, 2017
Excellent recipe. I loved the sauce. I served the asparagus with Ritz cracker chicken and this sauce was marvelous drizzled on it. I would give this recipe 10 stars if I could!