Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the broth, oil, lemon zest and salt.
- Transfer asparagus to a serving platter; drizzle with butter mixture. Sprinkle with pepper; top with tomatoes and basil.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 95 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2017
Excellent recipe. I loved the sauce. I served the asparagus with Ritz cracker chicken and this sauce was marvelous drizzled on it. I would give this recipe 10 stars if I could!