- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the broth, oil, lemon peel and salt.
- Transfer asparagus to a serving platter; drizzle with butter mixture. Sprinkle with pepper; top with tomatoes and basil. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
"Excellent recipe. I loved the sauce. I served the asparagus with Ritz cracker chicken and this sauce was marvelous drizzled on it. I would give this recipe 10 stars if I could!"