- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove; keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir-fry the next five ingredients in remaining oil until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and seasonings. Return shrimp to pan.
- Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus 'n' Shrimp with Angel Hair
"easy to make and delicious. Had guest who also thought it was very good and fresh tasting with fresh asparagus and half cherry tomatoes."
"Simple and easy and good."
"We thought it was delicious."
"Serving size was perfect for two people, but the seasonings were too overpowering even after cutting the amount I added in half. I'll make it again, but use the seasonings sparingly."
"As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine this was one of the BEST pasta dishes I've ever prepared! Restaurant quality!! Even though short on tomato, it was one of the easiest shrimp and pasta dinners prepared at home. Great pasta dish that wasn't heavy feeling. Perfect hearty portions for two. Feel free to double up on mushrooms, they cook down. A must try recipe for shrimp, veggie and pasta lovers!"
"Great recipe! I doubled it for the most part to get rid of everything. Followed as directed, except forgot the parmesan cheese and had to use some asparagus that I froze."
"Loved it! Had to double it wasn't enough."
"I love it and so has anyone I made it for.!"
"Very good, used leftover turkey in place of the shrimp - -Loved it!!! Doubled it, still didn't make very much"
"I love this recipe, increased the amount of asparagus and shrimp, and cut the mushrooms into quarters rather than slices, also added zucchini and red peppers slices.left out the tomatoes, had none, but will tryit the next time. I've made this several times and will keep making it, thanks for the recipe."