- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 medium ears sweet corn
- 1 cup shredded sharp white or yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or just until tender. Stir in salt and cayenne; remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream and cornstarch until blended. Using a large-hole grater, remove corn from cobs; add to egg mixture. Stir in cheese.
- Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Add asparagus mixture; pour egg mixture over top.
Bake on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled, baked quiche in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAsparagus & Corn Quiche
"I thought this dish had great flavor. I made my without a crust though as I have celiac and didn't feel like making my own crust tonight. Even without the crust, this dish held together surprisingly well."