- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- Combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and bouillon until blended. In a nonstick skillet, saute the celery, onion and mushrooms in oil for 8 minutes. Add cabbage and saute for 2-3 minutes longer or until cabbage is just crisp-tender; stir in water chestnuts.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice.
- Pour into an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings, 3/4 per serving.
Reviews forAsian Wild Rice Casserole
"We have it twice a month. We use differant colored cabbage."