Asian Veggie Gelatin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the cold water, soy sauce and lemon juice. Add the bean sprouts, celery, carrots, water chestnuts and onion; mix well.
- Spoon into four 6-oz. bowls coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Invert onto salad plates.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 30 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 23, 2010
Very crunchy & full of veggies. I served it at our Valentines supper and it went over very well. Especially good for low cal & diatbetics as it says a"free food". I served it in a heart shaped mold. Very pretty
Jul 15, 2008
This sounds interesting! will share this with my Mom, she loves jelly salads.