Asian Veggie Gelatin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the cold water, soy sauce and lemon juice. Add the bean sprouts, celery, carrots, water chestnuts and onion; mix well.
- Spoon into four 6-oz. bowls coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Invert onto salad plates.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 30 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 23, 2010
Very crunchy & full of veggies. I served it at our Valentines supper and it went over very well. Especially good for low cal & diatbetics as it says a"free food". I served it in a heart shaped mold. Very pretty
Jul 15, 2008
This sounds interesting! will share this with my Mom, she loves jelly salads.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.