- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split and warmed
- Optional toppings: sliced cucumber, shredded carrot and fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine first eight ingredients. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
Place sliders on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 3-4 minutes per side. Serve in rolls with toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a large resealable plastic bag; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAsian Turkey Sliders
"Pretty good! The burgers were softer than normal and wanted to fall apart, but they were tasty. They have a good, if subtle, teriyaki flavor which is kind of sweet. I'll make this one again, but may have to cut back on the egg to keep the burgers together. Overall, a pretty good recipe!"