Asian Turkey Patties
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and ginger. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth; set aside. In another bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and garlic powder. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into five patties.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Add green pepper and celery. Stir reserved broth mixture; add to pan and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes; simmer 6 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1064mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 7, 2019
Pretty good for a quick meal and I had all the ingredients on hand, but the burgers and the sauce seem to be missing something. I only used 1 pound of ground turkey.