Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Prepared sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- Prepared hot mustard sauce, optional
- In a skillet, combine first 5 ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Separate crescent dough into triangles; cut each one in half diagonally. Place 1 rounded teaspoon beef mixture in center of each triangle; fold dough over mixture. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° until golden, about15 minutes.
- Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce and hot mustard sauce if desired.
1 appetizer: 59 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.