Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Prepared sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- Prepared hot mustard sauce, optional
- In a skillet, combine first 5 ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Separate crescent dough into triangles; cut each one in half diagonally. Place 1 rounded teaspoon beef mixture in center of each triangle; fold dough over mixture. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° until golden, about15 minutes.
- Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce and hot mustard sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 59 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 17, 2015
I made these tonight with reduced fat crescent rolls and also 93% lean meat. The duck sauce is a must. The combo is a nice blend of sweet and savory. I also cut the recipe in half and it turned out perfect.
Nov 4, 2009
These were fantastic, simple, and super tasty! I thought sweet & sour sauce complemented them well, but my husband preferred them just the way they were. The filling is incredible and has so much flavor!! Will definitely make these again!