Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Prepared sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- Prepared hot mustard sauce, optional
- In a skillet, combine first five ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Separate crescent dough into triangles; cut each one in half diagonally. Place 1 rounded teaspoon of beef mixture in center of each triangle; fold dough over mixture. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce and hot mustard sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 116 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
May 17, 2015
I made these tonight with reduced fat crescent rolls and also 93% lean meat. The duck sauce is a must. The combo is a nice blend of sweet and savory. I also cut the recipe in half and it turned out perfect.
Nov 4, 2009
These were fantastic, simple, and super tasty! I thought sweet & sour sauce complemented them well, but my husband preferred them just the way they were. The filling is incredible and has so much flavor!! Will definitely make these again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.