Asian Steak Skewers Recipe
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin tip roast
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 pound fresh green benas
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1. Cut beef widthwise into 16 slices, 1/4 in. thick. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the beans and red pepper; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Arrange three beans, one carrot strip and one pepper strip down the center of each beef slice; roll up. For each kabob use metal or soaked wooden skewers and thread two bundles on two parallel skewers.
- 4. If grilling the kabobs, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning once.
- 5. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard and horseradish. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
4 each: 304 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Asian Steak Skewers
"Really liked the flavors in this! We will make it again. The prep was difficult so we will probably not roll them up but just put the vegs on a piece foil on the grill and serve separately to save time. Also will serve with tortillas."