VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 T-bone steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag,combine the first six ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Steak in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p84