- 6 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash ground ginger
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-3/4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 4 teaspoons sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, salt, cayenne and ginger; shake well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until golden brown; set aside and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, carrot and onions. Shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Divide chow mein noodles between two plates; top with salad mixture and chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forAsian Spinach Chicken Salad
"This recipe is great for on those days when you want to eat something a little light. I used 1tbs of rice wine vinegar, 1/8 tsp. fresh ginger, 2 tsp light virgin olive oil to sauté the chicken with 1 garlic clove minced. For my vegetarian family I omit the chicken with firm tofu sautéed with 2 tbs of sesame oil & 1 garlic clove minced and a dash of cayenne pepper before adding to salad. I have to admit even done this way tastes very good."