Asian Spinach Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash ground ginger
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (6 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-3/4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 4 teaspoons sesame oil, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, salt, cayenne and ginger; shake well. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until golden brown; set aside and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, carrot and onions. Shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Divide chow mein noodles between two plates; top with salad mixture and chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 451 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2013
This recipe is great for on those days when you want to eat something a little light. I used 1tbs of rice wine vinegar, 1/8 tsp. fresh ginger, 2 tsp light virgin olive oil to sauté the chicken with 1 garlic clove minced. For my vegetarian family I omit the chicken with firm tofu sautéed with 2 tbs of sesame oil & 1 garlic clove minced and a dash of cayenne pepper before adding to salad. I have to admit even done this way tastes very good.