- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, snow peas, carrots and onions in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and cayenne. Drain pasta. Add pasta and soy sauce mixture to skillet and toss to coat. Heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forAsian Spaghetti
"Excellent recipe, very versatile, can use whatever veggies your family prefers. I add cubed cooked chicken and double the sauce to make this a main dish."
"Needed more flavour. Added extra vegies. Looked lovely though. Happy to try again with some minor additions."
"Delicious! I added some sesame oil and it was perfect!"
"This is a great recipe. You can use just about any veggies you have on hand. My picky 6 and 6 year olds ask for it."
"A deliciously different meatless Friday supper for our family! Occasionally I add surimi--imitation crab--to give it some protein. But, even my "I hate vegetables!" hubby enjoys this dish! Because we like the flavor of garlic, I do add two cloves of garlic. But, otherwise, we enjoy it as printed!"
"This was really good!!!"
"I used 12 ounces of spaghetti noodles, 10 oz. jarred mushrooms instead of fresh and vidalia onion instead of green onions, added broccoli, celery, yellow & green peppers and doubled the sauce ingredients; forgot to add the sesame seeds. Loved the flavor, though next time I might go lighter on the cayenne pepper by just a tad."