Asian Snapper with Capers
Here's a simple sauteed snapper with lots of flavor. It takes very little time and effort to prepare. Asian flavors really makes this dish exciting. —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Mongolian Fire oil or sesame oil
- 1/4 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork; remove and keep warm.
- Stir the jelly, ketchup, capers, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger into the skillet. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened; serve with red snapper.