Asian Skillet Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces beef cube steaks, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small skillet, stir-fry the steak in oil for 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove steak and keep warm. Stir-fry green pepper and celery until crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce, sugar and salt until smooth; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add steak and tomato to skillet; heat through. Serve over rice.
Apr 23, 2016
I quadrupled this recipe and it turned out great. Very tasty and kids loved it too.
Feb 18, 2014
This was very easy to make. Taste very good.
Jun 14, 2011
I used 16 oz of cube steak instead of 4 oz because I was making it to feed four people instead of one! So, I then basically just doubled all of the ingredients. If I had to do it over again, I would maybe triple the rest of the ingredients because it would make more of the sauce. I also threw in red pepper and cucumbers. This was very easy and tasty, too.
Feb 9, 2010
Wonderful recipe! Fair warning, this recipe is more like two hearty portions.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.