Asian Shrimp Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 ounce uncooked thin spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups water, bouillon and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in mushrooms and corn. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until vegetables are tender.
- Combine the cornstarch, teriyaki sauce and remaining water until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat. Drain spaghetti. Add the spaghetti, lettuce, shrimp and green onion to the soup; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 111 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
May 25, 2015
Great recipe! Will definitely make it again. I didn't have cornstarch so used flour in place of it. Didn't have teriyaki sauce either and used soy sauce.
Dec 10, 2014
very good husband loved will make again made no changes in recipe
Jun 30, 2014
Really good; easy. Daughter loved!!
Mar 26, 2011
Really easy to make. I doubled the recipe.
Mar 16, 2011
I added 1/4 cup red pepper to give it a little more flavor....
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.