Asian Shredded Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 can (15 ounces) plums, drained and pitted
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 4 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 10 ciabatta rolls, split
- Shredded napa or other cabbage
- Mix first 11 ingredients. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides.
- Place carrots in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add roast; pour plum mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low until pork is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Remove pork; shred with two forks. Skim fat from carrot mixture; stir in pork and heat through. Serve on rolls with cabbage.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pork mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 637 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 5g fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2019
Mel 904 - you can get canned plums in the canned fruit section at your store.
Jan 23, 2019
Not a review, just want to know where to get canned plum. Never seen them before.