Asian Sesame Cod Recipe
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place fillets in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the wine, onions, brown sugar, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, oil, garlic and lemon-pepper. Spoon over fillets; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 158 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Asian Sesame Cod
"Fairly nice flavor, but needed something. May try again with mushrooms and peppers and marinade for a while before cooking. Overall OK recipe."
"This was such a nice change from just plain baked fish with lemon juice. I printed this one out to be sure to have it in my files. Really nice layer of flavors in the toppings. We had this with brown rice and it was so good."
"My husband and I really like this recipe. It is very easy and fast to make. My husband doesn't like onions so I had to substitute onion powder for the onions."
"Something didn't make sense in the equation here. Not sure which ingrediant it was but I just didn't care for it."
"I love this recipe. I have made it once with Cod and once with Tilapia. Tonight I am going to double the sauce and put it over chicken. I combine it with a scrumptious fried rice. This is fast and easy and tastes great. My oldest son does not care much for ginger so when he comes I will slice my ginger root and let it simmer in the sauce. If you want to dip your toe into a yummy Asian taste. Give this a try."