Asian Sesame Chicken Salad Recipe
- 6 cups torn romaine (about 1 small bunch)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup wonton strips
- 3/4 cup Asian toasted sesame salad dressing, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Just before serving, add wonton strips and drizzle with 1/4 cup dressing; toss to combine. Serve with remaining dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cups: 345 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
"i'm not really sure why this was labeled as a Panara bread copy-cat. Panara does not have mandarin oranges, cucumber, peanuts, jalapenos and especially not onion."
"I made a few changes because of personal preference~~ no jalapenos or onions and used sunflower seeds instead of the chopped peanuts. I cooked the chicken on a stovetop grill and used a chicken grilling seasoning. It does make a lot and I can't wait until the next family gathering to make it again!"