Asian Sausage and Egg Noodle Bowl
We love the combo of crispy and creamy in this Asian-inspired dish. It fills us up and satisfies without leaving us feeling heavy or overstuffed. It’s also a good opportunity to add any leftover veggies you have on hand, such as mushrooms, cauliflower or spinach. You can also use turkey or chicken breakfast sausage instead of pork. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, GA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 6 cups cooked egg noodles, cooled
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Optional: Thinly sliced green onions and Sriracha chili sauce
- Whisk eggs with sesame oil and kosher salt; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, crumbling meat, until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Discard drippings.
- In same pan, heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium heat. Add egg mixture and reduce heat to medium-low; cook just until set in the center, about 1-2 minutes (do not scramble). Gently slide egg onto a cutting board; cut into 4-in.x1/2-in. wide strips.
- Heat remaining canola oil in same pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute longer.
- Add cabbage; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add noodles, parsley, soy sauce and sugar; cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl; top with reserved sausage and egg strips. If desired, top with green onions and serve with chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 359 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.