Asian Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Asian Rice can be assembled the night before and chilled. Remove from the refrigerator 30 min. before baking.
1 each: 256 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Asian Rice
"I enjoyed this and will definitely make it again. It was easy to prepare and tasty."
"Good recipe. I added two sliced garlic cloves along with two tablespoons minced fresh ginger. These additions I sauteed along with other vegetables in the recipe. I omitted the water chestnuts (not a family favorite). My family asked for this recipe to be put on the "rotation list" along with other family favorites."