A package of store-bought ramen noodles speeds up assembly of this colorful broth with shrimp and carrots. “My mother passed the recipe on to me,” notes Donna Hellinger of Lorain, Ohio. “It's delicious and so quick to fix.”
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (3 ounces) Oriental ramen noodles
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Set aside seasoning packet from noodles. Add the noodles to boiling water; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, onions, carrot, soy sauce and contents of seasoning packet. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asian Shrimp Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p57